Subject: Re: [secdir] Assignments

From: Ben Laurie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 14:04:21 +0100

On 25 July 2013 17:02, Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Ben Laurie             T 2013-07-25 draft-ietf-emu-crypto-bind-04

I managed to miss this one, and I see it has now timed out, but perhaps
worth mentioning, even at this late date, that the existence of this I-D
seems to suggest that the protocols they're attempting to fix are badly
broken and should never have been standardised!

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 11:36:03 -0400

Ben Laurie <[email-masked]> writes:

> I managed to miss this one, and I see it has now timed out, but perhaps worth
> mentioning, even at this late date, that the existence of this I-D seems to
> suggest that the protocols they're attempting to fix are badly broken and
> should never have been standardised!

That was a fight we lost a long time ago.  This happened so long ago Jeff
Schiller was still SecAD.

-derek
-- 
       Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
       Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
       URL: http://web.mit.edu/warlord/    PP-ASEL-IA     N1NWH
       [email-masked]                        PGP key available