Subject: [secdir] [new-work] WG Review: MBONE Deployment (mboned)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 13:12:35 -0700

The MBONE Deployment (mboned) working group in the Operations and
Management Area of the IETF is undergoing rechartering. The IESG has not
made any determination yet. The following draft charter was submitted,
and is provided for informational purposes only. Please send your
comments to the IESG mailing list (iesg at ietf.org) by 2013-10-03.

MBONE Deployment (mboned)
------------------------------------------------
Current Status: Active WG

Chairs:
  Greg Shepherd <[email-masked]>
  Leonard Giuliano <[email-masked]>

Technical advisors:
  Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>

Assigned Area Director:
  Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>

Mailing list
  Address: [email-masked]
  To Subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mboned
  Archive: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/mboned

Charter:

The MBONE Deployment Working Group is a forum for coordinating the
deployment, engineering, and operation of multicast routing protocols and
procedures in the global Internet, inter-domain and single domain. This
activity will include, but not be limited to:

- Document deployment of multicast routing in the global Internet.

- Receive regular reports on the current state of the deployment of
multicast technology. Create "practice and experience" documents that
capture the experience of those who have deployed and are deploying
various multicast technologies.

- Based on reports and other information, provide feedback to other
relevant working groups.

- Develop mechanisms and procedures for sharing operational information
to aid in operation of the multicast backbones and interconnects.

- Analyze the need for IPv4 - IPv6 multicast transition solutions

- Develop tools, extend protocols and provide operational and
implementation advice that assists in multicast administration,
diagnostics, troubleshooting and deployment between/within native and
non-native environments.

- Development of routing and group membership protocols is out of scope.
This working group may develop requirements and assist in review and
feedback of documents in other working groups responsible for such
protocols.

Goals and Milestones

Nov 2013    	Submit multicast transport guidelines for congestion control
to IESG
Nov 2013    	Submit Mtracev2 to IESG for Proposed Standards
Nov 2013        Submit Overview of Multicast in the Data Center to IESG
for Informational

_______________________________________________
new-work mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/new-work