Subject: [secdir] [new-work] Proposed W3C Charters: Web Application Security Working Group, and XML Security Working Group (until 2013-10-21)

From: "Coralie Mercier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 13:10:13 +0200

Hello,

Today W3C Advisory Committee Representatives received a Proposal to revise  
the Security Activity [0] (see the W3C Process
Document description of Activity Proposals [1]). This proposal includes a  
draft charter for the  Web Application Security Working Group and the XML  
Security Working Group:
   http://www.w3.org/2013/07/webappsec-charter.html
   http://www.w3.org/2013/02/xmlsec-charter.html

As part of ensuring that the community is aware of proposed work at W3C,  
this draft charter is public during the Advisory
Committee review period.

W3C invites public comments through 2013-10-21 on the proposed charter.  
Please send comments to [email-masked], which has a public archive:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-new-work/

Other than comments sent in formal responses by W3C Advisory Committee  
Representatives, W3C cannot guarantee a response to comments. If you work  
for a W3C Member [2], please coordinate your comments with your Advisory  
Committee Representative. For example, you may wish to make public  
comments via this list and have your Advisory Committee Representative  
refer to it from his or her formal review comments.

If you should have any questions or need further information, please  
contact Wendy Seltzer, Team contact <[email-masked]>.

Thank you,

Coralie Mercier, W3C Communications

[0] https://www.w3.org/Security/
[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/activities#ActivityCreation
[2] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Member/List

-- 
  Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Communications Team  -  http://www.w3.org
mailto:[email-masked] +33643220001 http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/
_______________________________________________
new-work mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/new-work

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 14:26:22 +0100

I wasn't sure what was changing here so I asked, and Coralie
helpfully answered:

"The XML Security group has completed its Recommendations and
is re-chartered for maintenance only.

WebAppSec adds deliverables: an extended version of the Content
Security Policy specification, already in progress, and new
Recommendations on Secure Mixed Content and Lighweight
Isolated / Safe Content."

Cheers,
S.

On 09/23/2013 12:10 PM, Coralie Mercier wrote:
> 
> Hello,
> 
> Today W3C Advisory Committee Representatives received a Proposal to
> revise the Security Activity [0] (see the W3C Process
> Document description of Activity Proposals [1]). This proposal includes
> a draft charter for the  Web Application Security Working Group and the
> XML Security Working Group:
> Representatives, W3C cannot guarantee a response to comments. If you
> work for a W3C Member [2], please coordinate your comments with your
> Advisory Committee Representative. For example, you may wish to make
> public comments via this list and have your Advisory Committee
> Representative refer to it from his or her formal review comments.
>