Subject: [secdir] Security review of draft-ietf-idr-rfd-usable-03

From: Ben Laurie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 12:43:49 +0100

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

Summary: draft is ready.

Whilst I accept the authors' assertion that this I-D does not
introduce any new security issues, the fact that an attacker can
introduce fake flap suggests that the underlying protocols need more
robust security mechanisms.

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 07:47:05 +0900

> these comments just like any other last call comments.

thank you for the review

> robust security mechanisms.

indeed.  and this is a serious problem with no progress in sight.

randy