Subject: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-manet-smf-mib-08

From: Stephen Hanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 00:28:32 +0000

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the 
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the 
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat 
these comments just like any other last call comments.

While I am not an expert in SNMP, SMF, or MANET, I found this
document to be well-written and easy to understand. More relevant
to this review, the security of the protocol is adequate and
the Security Considerations section is exemplary.

I did notice two typos:

* In the Security Considerations section, the commentary on
  smfConfiguredOpMode includes the words "this writable
  configuration objects define". This should end in "object
  define", I think.

* In the Security Considerations section, the commentary on
  smfNhdpRssaMesgTLVIncluded includes the words "the the".
  Of course, that should be just "the".

With these corrections, I think the document is ready to publish.

Thanks,

Steve

---

From: "Cole, Robert G CIV USARMY CERDEC (US)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 12:37:57 +0000

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Steve, thanks for your review.  I'll fix.
Bob

US Army CERDEC
QUEST Program, S&TCD
APG, MD

(c) 443.910.4420
(o) 443.395.8744
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Hanna [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 8:29 PM
To: The IESG; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: secdir review of draft-ietf-manet-smf-mib-08

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

While I am not an expert in SNMP, SMF, or MANET, I found this document to be well-written and easy to understand. More relevant to this review, the security of the protocol is adequate and the Security Considerations section is exemplary.

I did notice two typos:

Thanks,

Steve

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE