Subject: [secdir] [new-work] WG Review: IPv6 Maintenance (6man)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 09:38:36 -0700

The IPv6 Maintenance (6man) working group in the Internet Area of the
IETF is undergoing rechartering. The IESG has not made any determination
yet. The following draft charter was submitted, and is provided for
informational purposes only. Please send your comments to the IESG
mailing list (iesg at ietf.org) by 2013-10-21.

IPv6 Maintenance (6man)
------------------------------------------------
Current Status: Active WG

Chairs:
  Robert Hinden <[email-masked]>
  Ole Troan <[email-masked]>

Assigned Area Director:
  Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>

Mailing list
  Address: [email-masked]
  To Subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
  Archive: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipv6

Charter:

The 6man working group is responsible for the maintenance, upkeep, and
advancement of the IPv6 protocol specifications and addressing
architecture. It is not chartered to develop major changes or additions
to the IPv6 specifications. The working group will address protocol
limitations/issues discovered during deployment and operation.  It will
also serve as a venue for discussing the proper location for working on
IPv6-related issues within the IETF.

6man is the design authority for extensions and modifications to the IPv6
protocol. The working group may at its discretion, review any document
extending or modifying the protocol, carried out in another working
group, and may determine that 6man working group consensus is needed
before any of those documents can progress for publication.

Milestones:
  Done     - Submit RH0 Deprecation specification to IESG as a Proposed
Standard
  Done     - Submit PPP Compression Negotiation specification to IESG as
a Proposed Standard
  Done     - Determine way forward for ULA-C specification
  Nov 2013 - Resolve open issues with "U/G" bits in Interface Identifiers
  Mar 2014 - Develop approach for IPv6 Fragmentation
  Mar 2014 - Develop approaches for IPv6 Extension Headers (Hop-by-Hop
and Destination)
  Jul 2014 - Advance IPv6 core specifications to Internet standard
_______________________________________________
new-work mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/new-work