Subject: [secdir] SECDIR Review of draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ospf-g709v3-10

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 15:24:49 -0500

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.
These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security
area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat these
comments just like any other last call comments.

G.709 Optical Transport Network introduces new parameters that need to
be expressible in GMPLS and  OSPF-TE. This drafts adds support within
the existing framework.

The security considerations section appropriately consists of a brief
explanation of why a citation to the existing security framework
document is sufficient and the citation to the relevant document which
is sufficiently recent (2010) for these purposes.

The document raises no new security considerations that need to be
considered since routing is not considered to be a confidentiality or
integrity layer for Internet purposes. If preventing traffic analysis
was desired it would probably be more appropriate to apply link layer
security and flood fill the links in any case.

-- 
Website: http://hallambaker.com/