Subject: [secdir] SecDir review of draft-ietf-payload-rtp-howto-09

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 15:05:57 +0000

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. 
These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security 
area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat these 
comments just like any other last call comments.

This document contains information on how to best write an RTP
payload format specification.  It provides reading tips, design
practices, and practical tips on how to produce an RTP payload format
specification quickly and with good results.  A template is also
included with instructions.

The Security Considerations section of the document points out that 
while the document doesn't have direct security considerations, it 
contains suggestions about what security considerations should be 
thought about when writing a new RTP payload format. I found these 
suggestions (last two paragraphs of Section 3.2.2, Section 6.1 and 
Section 7.2) to be quite complete/good. So I think the document is ready 
for publication.