Subject: [secdir] review of draft-ietf-ecrit-country-emg-urn-01

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 09:28:01 +0100

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

The issue I have with this document is that the Security Considerations
section sais "TBD". At least say something like "This document does not
update the Security Considerations of RFC 5031". 

Perhaps it could be argued that ECRIT URNs that are country-specific 
makes it more likely that they be targeted for local attacks but that
may be a stretch.

	Cheers Leif

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 09:18:58 +0000

Hi Leif,

The 'TBD' shall not be there. The document does not update the security considerations of RFC 5031, so I'll replace it with the sentence you suggested.

Thanks!

Regards,

Christer

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia arc S

Leif Johansson <[email-masked]> wrote:

        Cheers Leif

---

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 13:08:01 +0100

> The 'TBD' shall not be there. The document does not update the security considerations of RFC 5031, so I'll replace it with the sentence you suggested.
Excellet.

This turns this into a "no issues" document for me.