Subject: [secdir] SECIR review of draft-ietf-hip-rfc5201-bis-14

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 18:03:15 -0400

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

This document specifies Version 2 of HIP, the Host Identity Protocol,
obsoleting RFC 5201.

The Security Considerations includes thorough discussion of
denial-of-service and man-in-the-middle attacks which are also touched
on in other appropriate parts of the document.

I was impressed with the thoroughness of the consideration of security
issues throughout this document. I think it is ready from a security
point of view for publication.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]