Subject: [secdir] Security review of draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-psi-decodability-04

From: "Hilarie Orman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 22:49:39 -0600

Security review of draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-psi-decodability-04
RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for MPEG2
Transport Stream (TS) Program Specific Information (PSI) Decodability
Statistics Metrics reporting

Do not be alarmed.  I have reviewed this document as part of the
security directorate's ongoing effort to review all IETF documents
being processed by the IESG.  These comments were written primarily
for the benefit of the security area directors.  Document editors and
WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other last call
comments.

The purpose of the document is to define a new block type for
reporting of data about MPEG2 transport consistency tests.

The security considerations are the same as those described in
RFC 3611 "RTP Control Protocol Extended Reports (RTCP XR)".
Those considerations fall under the technical rubric of "funky",
but the draft under discussion does not add any new wrinkles.

Hilarie Orman