Subject: [secdir] Secdir review of draft-ietf-trill-active-active-connection-prob-05

From: Vincent Roca <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 16:14:02 +0200

Hello,

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

IMHO, the document is ready. I just have one comment:

The authors say that « as an informational overview, this draft does not
introduce any extra security risks » and explain that future documents that
specify practical solutions will detail the security aspects. They also refer to
[RFC6325] for general TRILL security considerations.

I may agree. However an informal document discussing problems and goals
that practical solutions will have to address is also a good place to discuss
general security aspects. Future documents could easily refer to this document
while going further into details. Too bad.

Cheers,

   Vincent