Subject: [secdir] Secdir review of [email-masked]

From: Magnus Nyström <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 23:26:00 -0700

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's ongoing
> effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. These
> comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security area
> directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just
> like any other last call comments.
>
> This document describes how ForCES can model a network device's
> parallelization datapath to support parallel packet processing in the
> ForCES model. The document is intended to be published as an Experimental
> RFC.
>

Since the document does not change the ForCES model or the ForCES protocol,
I agree with the Security Consideration section's statement that there's no
impact on the security considerations for them. However, the document then
goes on to state "However as parallezation [sic] tasks have security
issues, a designer or an implementer must take into account any security
considerations that regards packet parallelization." I don't know
specifically what such security issues are in the context of parallel
ForCES packet processing, and it seems that it would be good to include at
least some example of them and how implementers should take them into
account.

-- Magnus