Subject: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-mpls-seamless-mcast-15

From: Joseph Salowey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 12:01:29 -0800

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

I think the document is ready.

This document describes procedures for building point-to-multipoint service
LSPs.  My background in this area is not very deep.  I have read through
the document and the references in the security considerations section.
This guidance seems good, however the document describes a lot of
procedures and its not obviously clear what part of the procedures are
security impacting.  Its not clear to me that this is a problem.

Thanks,

Joe

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 20:41:43 -0000

Thanks, Joe.
Adrian
 
From: iesg [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Joseph Salowey
Sent: 02 February 2015 20:01
To: secdir; [email-masked]; The IESG
Subject: secdir review of draft-ietf-mpls-seamless-mcast-15

 
This document describes procedures for building point-to-multipoint service LSPs.  My background in this area is not very deep.  I have read through the document and the references in the security considerations section.   This guidance seems good, however the document describes a lot of procedures and its not obviously clear what part of the procedures are security impacting.  Its not clear to me that this is a problem.  
 
Thanks,
 
Joe