Subject: [secdir] SecDir review of draft-ietf-opsawg-coman-probstate-reqs-04

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 12:22:48 +0000

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. 
  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security 
area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these 
comments just like any other last call comments.

Summary: not sure, see below

I am agreeing with RAI ADs that it is not exactly clear what is the 
value in publishing this document. I am also very curious to see some 
design that can satisfy all of these requirements (which are frequently 
contradictive).

Having said that, I liked the introduction (problem statement) part of 
the document.

Security considerations seem to be covered, but as per above, I have 
hard time figuring out if a system that satisfy them is actually 
feasible. In particular I am interested in knowing how devices can 
satisfy the following requirements:

Support suitable security bootstrapping mechanisms

Self-configuration capability

Self-management - Self-healing

Recovery

in presence of hostile agents on a network of constraint devices.