Subject: [secdir] SECDIR review of draft-ietf-6tisch-tsch-05

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 17:14:40 -0500

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

My apologies for getting this review in late.

This draft is an Informational description of the environment, problem
statement, and initial goals for the Time Slotted Channel Hopping
(TSCH) MAC protocol in the context of low power and lossy networks.

The Security Considerations section basically defers security to more
detailed specification documents, which I think is reasonable for an
Informational document like this draft. It does point out that
security is a requirement in joining the network and in data transfer
and control messages.

I believe this draft is OK from a security point of view.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]