Subject: [secdir] Secdir review of draft-ietf-idr-as-migration-04

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 10:24:36 -0400 (EDT)

Secdir review of draft-ietf-idr-as-migration-04

[Note: I am not a BGP expert]

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

This document describes a common AS migration deployment scenario, and
lists the features and practises that are used in an AS migration for
reference in future BGP work. Additionally, it is a useful document
for those BGP administrators that need to perform such an AS migration.

I think this draft is Ready.

My only suggestion would be to consider to emphasize the warning paragraph
at the end of section 3.2 on routing loops either by creating its own
sub-section or by mentioning this again in the Security Considerations.

(But I might be more sensitive to routing loops than real BGP administrators)

Paul