Subject: [secdir] Review of draft-ietf-precis-nickname-18

From: Shawn M Emery <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 23:42:51 -0600

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.
These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security
area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat these
comments just like any other last call comments.

This draft provides guidance on how to process Unicode string nicknames.

The security considerations section does exist and refers to the PRECIS
framework's security consideration in relation to this draft's use of the
string class "FreeformClass" and visually similar characters.  UTS #39
is also referenced for security considerations of Unicode characters in
general and of visually similar characters.  I agree that the references
adequately covers considerations for nicknames in Unicode strings.

General comments:

None.

Editorial comments:

None.

Shawn.
--