Subject: [secdir] Secdir review of draft-ietf-pals-ms-pw-protection-03

From: Vincent Roca <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 14:17:28 +0200

Hello,

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate’s ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. These
comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security area
directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

IMHO, the document is ready.

This document refers to RFC 6478 and other RFCs for the security considerations.
Given that no new mechanism is defined this seems reasonable.

Additional comments:

- Introduction: the PSN acronym is not expanded nor introduced.

- Fig. 1 refers to T-PE1 and T-PE2, while the corresponding description mentions PE1 and PE2:
	« In this figure, CE1 is connected to PE1 and CE2 is connected to PE2."

- typo, p.4: s/describes/describe in:
	« Sections 6 <file:///Users/roca/Desktop/draft-ietf-pals-ms-pw-protection-03.html#section-6> and 7 <file:///Users/roca/Desktop/draft-ietf-pals-ms-pw-protection-03.html#section-7> of RFC 6870 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6870> describes… »
  Also the references to section 6 and 7 point to the current I-D rather than sections 6 and 7 of RFC 6870.

Cheers,

  Vincent

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 09:09:37 -0400

Vincent,

Thanks for your comments!

I’ve been updating the draft based on previously received comments, and
I’ve already corrected your first two additional comments. I’ll fix the
third one as well, thanks again for the close read.

Cheers,
Andy

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 8:17 AM, Vincent Roca <[email-masked]> wrote:

> IMHO, the document is *ready.*
>
> « Sections 6 and 7 of RFC 6870 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6870>
> describes… »