Subject: [secdir] review of draft-ietf-pals-redundancy-spe-02

From: Joseph Salowey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 20:56:54 -0700

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. These
comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security area
directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

>From a security perspective I think the document is ready.  I think the
document could be cleaned up a little to make reading a little bit easier.

The document discusses a new pseudo wire redundancy mode.  I did not find
the document particularly clear, it would probably help to expand all the
acronyms on first use.   The document only refers to several other
documents for its security considerations.  While this is often not the
favored approach in this case it seems to be OK as best as I can tell.  The
document doesn't appear to be defining anything fundamentally new that
would change the considerations in the referenced documents or require
special attention.

Cheers,

Joe

---

From: "Dongjie (Jimmy)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 07:50:38 +0000

Hi Joe,

Thanks a lot for your review and suggestions.  We will expand all the acronyms on first use.

Best regards,
Jie

From: Joseph Salowey [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2015 11:57 AM
To: secdir; The IESG; [email-masked]
Subject: review of draft-ietf-pals-redundancy-spe-02

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

From a security perspective I think the document is ready.  I think the document could be cleaned up a little to make reading a little bit easier.

The document discusses a new pseudo wire redundancy mode.  I did not find the document particularly clear, it would probably help to expand all the acronyms on first use.   The document only refers to several other documents for its security considerations.  While this is often not the favored approach in this case it seems to be OK as best as I can tell.  The document doesn't appear to be defining anything fundamentally new that would change the considerations in the referenced documents or require special attention.

Cheers,

Joe