Subject: [secdir] Review of draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-dtls-srtp

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 21:35:09 -0500 (EST)

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the 
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the 
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat 
these comments just like any other last call comments.

As far as I understood the document and its dependancies (I'm not very
familiar with the sip/srtp world), the document is Ready.

One minor nit: Section 1.2 has a broken link for RFC-7092.

This document describes how a "middle man" relaying connections between
two sip endpoints should behave so it will not break the connection
between the sip endpoints. The security section clearly lists the
defenses the sip endpoints should take to ensure this "middle man" is
not maliciously decrypting/re-encrypting the content of the connection
it forwards between the endpoints.

Paul

---

From: "Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 03:37:37 +0000

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your feedback. I will fix the broken link  to RFC7092 in
section 1.2. Thanks for pointing that out.

Regards,
Ram

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Friday, 20 November 2015 at 8:05 AM
To: secdir <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
"[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]>
Subject: Review of draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-dtls-srtp
Resent-From: <[email-masked]>
Resent-To: <[email-masked]>
Resent-Date: Friday, 20 November 2015 at 8:05 AM