Subject: [secdir] Secdir review of draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-circuit-breakers-13

From: Magnus Nyström <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 22:13:58 -0800

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG. These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

This memo describes a set of RTP "circuit-breakers."  In this context,
circuit-breakers are conditions under which an RTP sender "needs to
stop transmitting media data in order to protect the network from
excessive congestion." As such, the possibility for DOS and similar
disruptions are possible in this context. However, the security
considerations sections seems adequate and refers to the core RTP,
RTCP documents for threat models and mitigations.

-- Magnus

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 15:42:04 +0000

Thanks for the review.
Colin

> On 8 Mar 2016, at 06:13, Magnus Nyström <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

-- 
Colin Perkins
https://csperkins.org/