Subject: [secdir] Gen-ART / SecDir Review of draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-notification-07

From: "Matt Miller (mamille2)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 14:23:20 +0000

I am the coincidentally-assigned Gen-ART and SecDir reviewer
for this draft. The General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF
documents being processed by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  The Security
Directorate reviews all IETF documents being processed by the IESG for
the security area directors.  Please treat these comments just like any
other last call comments that arrived on time.

For more information on Gen-Art, please see the FAQ at

< http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq >.

Document: draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-notification-07
Reviewer: Matthew A. Miller
Review Date: 2016-06-02
IETF LC End Date: 2016-06-01
IESG Telechat date: N/A

Summary:

This document is ready to be published as a Proposed Standard
once the nit is taken care of.

I reviewed a previous revision of this document (-04), and all of my
concerns from the earlier review are addressed herein.

I note this document includes normative references to two Informational
documents (RFCs 7201 and 7667).  The references are important to
properly understand some of the security considerations of this
document, but it appears the responsible AD is to add them to the
approved downrefs registry.

Major issues: N/A

Minor issues: N/A

Nits/editorial comments:

* In Section 7 "Security Considerations", "the" is missing between
"Since" and "splicer" in the first sentence of the third paragraph.

--
- m&m

Matt Miller
Cisco Systems, Inc.

---

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2016 10:56:10 -0400

> approved downrefs registry.

Just an observation: we did do a second IETF last call for to the 
normative downrefs.

[...]

Thanks!

Ben.

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 01:02:59 +0300

Thanks Mat & Ben.

Jari

On 02 Jun 2016, at 17:56, Ben Campbell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Just an observation: we did do a second IETF last call for to the normative downrefs.
> 
> [...]
> 
> Thanks!
> 
> Ben.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Gen-art mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art