Subject: [secdir] Fwd: [96attendees] Invitation to "Upcoming ZSK and KSK Changes to the Root Zone" on Tuesday, 19 June, in Berlin

From: "Paul Hoffman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 12:59:41 -0700

Greetings. These security-related presentations are happening during our 
SecDir lunch because the IAB thought that the Tuesday lunch slot was 
best (maybe because there is no ISOC lunch talk this time). For SecDir, 
I'll do a 10-minute-or-less overview of what is being presented and can 
answer any questions. FWIW, if you were at RIPE 72, these are almost 
exactly the same presentations, so you aren't missing anything.

--Paul Hoffman

Forwarded message:

> From: Matt Larson <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
> Subject: [96attendees] Invitation to "Upcoming ZSK and KSK Changes to 
> the Root Zone" on Tuesday, 19 June, in Berlin
> Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 19:45:03 +0000
>
> Dear IETF colleagues,
>
> I'd like to invite anyone interested in DNSSEC in the root zone to a 
> session on "Upcoming ZSK and KSK Changes to the Root Zone" on Tuesday, 
> 19 June, from 1230-1345 in the Bellevue Room in the InterContinental 
> Hotel.  ICANN and Verisign, as IANA Functions Operator and Root Zone 
> Manager, respectively, are cooperating on two projects that are 
> changing aspects of DNSSEC operation in the root zone: the root zone 
> ZSK is increasing in size from 1024 bits to 2048 
> bits<http://blogs.verisign.com/blog/entry/increasing_the_strength_of_the> 
> and the root zone KSK will be 
> changing<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/ksk-rollover>.  Duane 
> Wessels from Verisign and I will talk about the plans and answer any 
> questions.
>
> Because of the critical nature of the root zone and the significance 
> of these changes, Verisign and ICANN are making a number of 
> presentations to increase awareness.  We approached the IAB about a 
> presentation in Berlin and they suggested this lunchtime slot.  We'd 
> like to thank the IAB and the Secretariat for graciously offering a 
> room.
>
> Thanks and see you in Berlin,
>
> Matt
> --
> Matt Larson
> VP of Research
> Office of the CTO, ICANN
>