Subject: [secdir] Review of draft-ietf-mpls-entropy-lsp-ping-04

From: Shawn M Emery <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 14:26:37 -0600

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.
These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security
area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat these
comments just like any other last call comments.

This draft specifies multipath support in environments where Entropy Labels
(ELs) are used so that Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping and Traceroute
operations are possible.

The security considerations section does exist and refers to the security
considerations in base specifications for applicability.  The sections
continues that there are no new security considerations with
this specification.  I agree with this assertion.

General comments:

None.

Editorial comments:

s/initiator to not be able to/initiator that is unable to/

"LSPs stitched together": not for sure what "stitched" means and wasn't
defined in the Terminology section.

Shawn.
--

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 22:21:30 +0800

Shawn,

Many thanks for your review. We’ll fix the editorial comment. Regarding LSP
stitching, this is well known to MPLS experts, but you’re right, this
should be referenced. RFC 6424, which we already have in the references, is
an excellent reference for LSP stitching and using LSP Ping and Traceroute
over stitched LSPs. We’ll add [RFC6424] in the appropriate locations.

Thanks again,
Andy