Subject: [secdir] draft-ietf-6man-multi-homed-host-07 security review

From: Ben Laurie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 11:45:10 +0100

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

Status: ready with nits.

The document claims to introduce no new security exposure, but it
seems to me that it is designed to ensure routing occurs correctly in
situations where it previously didn't - this may result in unexpected
exposure of networks that previously were unreachable.

I think this is a nit, because clearly such networks were poorly
designed in the first place, but perhaps a mention should be made?

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 14:49:57 +1200

Sorry, we didn't reply to this promptly due to bigger issues coming
up, but thanks, and we will cover this point in the next version.

Regards
   Brian Carpenter