Subject: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-avtcore-5761-update-01

From: "Scott G. Kelly" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 17:57:20 -0700 (PDT)

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

From the abstract:

   This document updates RFC 5761 by clarifying the SDP offer/answer
   negotiation of RTP and RTCP multiplexing.  It makes it clear that an
   answerer can only include an "a=rtcp-mux" attribute in an SDP answer
   if the associated SDP offer contained the attribute.

The security considerations section says

   The security considerations for RTP and RTCP multiplexing are
   described in RFC 5761.  This specification does not impact those
   security considerations.

I agree, I see no new security issues with this draft.

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 08:35:35 +0000

Thanks! :)

Regards,

Christer

On 22/09/16 03:57, "Scott G. Kelly" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
>ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.
>These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security
>area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these
>comments just like any other last call comments.
>
>From the abstract:
>