Subject: [secdir] SecDir review of draft-ietf-ccamp-ospf-availability-extension-07

From: Rifaat Shekh-Yusef <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 06:14:32 -0400

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These
comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security area
directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

Summary: *Ready*

This is a Standard Track document that extend the GMPLS OSPF routing
protocol by introducing an optional ISCD Availability sub-TLV, which could
be used for route computation in a network that contains links with
variable discrete bandwidth. This document defines the distribution
mechanism for this new extension.

The Security Consideration section clearly describes the security and
privacy issues with this new extension, and since this is only an extension
to an existing mechanism, it points to other documents that cover the
mechanism and the security implications and potential solutions.

Regards,
 Rifaat