Subject: [secdir] Secdir review of draft-ietf-idr-large-community-11

From: Vincent Roca <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 19:14:28 +0100

Hello,

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate’s ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. These
comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security area
directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

IMHO, the document is Ready.

This document specifies an extension to BGP Communities.
The initial RFC1997 being a bit old, it does not include any security discussion section.
Therefore it is important that the present document has a detailed discussion on the
topic, which is actually the case. The level of details seems appropriate.
Furthermore there is a dedicated "Error handling" section which is also fine.

Cheers,

   Vincent

---

From: joel jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 10:28:55 -0800

Thanks

joel

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 13:35:38 -0500

Thank you for the review. 

Sue Hares  
(idr co-chair)

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Roca [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2016 1:14 PM
To: IESG; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: Vincent Roca
Subject: Secdir review of draft-ietf-idr-large-community-11

Hello,

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate’s ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

This document specifies an extension to BGP Communities.
The initial RFC1997 being a bit old, it does not include any security discussion section.
Therefore it is important that the present document has a detailed discussion on the topic, which is actually the case. The level of details seems appropriate.
Furthermore there is a dedicated "Error handling" section which is also fine.

Cheers,

   Vincent

---

From: "Jakob Heitz (jheitz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 18:43:34 +0000

Thanks Vincent,

Jakob.

> Sent: Monday, December 19, 2016 10:14 AM
> To: IESG <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Cc: Vincent Roca <[email-masked]>