Subject: [secdir] SECDIR review of draft-ietf-netmod-revised-datastores-09

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2018 22:52:18 -0500

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

The summary of the review is Ready.

This draft specifies an elaborated datastore model for YANG based on
experience with the original model in RFC 6241. It is probably
correct, as stated in the Security Considerations, that this model
itself has no security effect.

The Security Considerations refer to the "YANG security module
security guidelines" by that quoted string only. I would assume these
guidelines are in a document somewhere and it would be nice to give a
pointer to that document.

Section 5.1, Page 11, third line up from the 5.1.1 heading, should the
reference to "Section 5" be a reference to "Figure 2"?

Thanks,
Donald
===============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2018 22:58:49 -0500

Resent with to address fixed.

Thanks,
Donald