Subject: [secdir] Review of draft-ietf-netmod-entity-07

From: Shawn Emery <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 23:48:03 -0700

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.
These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security
area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat these
comments just like any other last call comments.

This draft specifies a YANG data model for server hardware configuration
and status information.

The security considerations section does exist and follows the mib-security
template.  With this, the section defines the nodes that have sensitive
information.  Access controls are provided by the network management
protocol.  I agree with the provided set of nodes considered sensitive,
which covers the majority of them.  The section also states that there is a
MTI for secure transport of the underlying network management protocols
with SSH or TLS.  I believe that the section sufficiently covers the
various security concerns of the draft.

General comments:

None.

Editorial comments:

None.

Shawn.
--