Subject: [secdir] SECDIR review of drat-farrel-sfc-convent-05

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2018 19:54:06 -0500

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG. Document editors and others should treat these comments just like any
other late last call comments.

The summary of the review is Ready.

This document specifies a new "None" value for the Next Hop Protocol field
of the NSH header and places some implementation conditions on its use. It
lists some use case types for such packets, which would have NSH meta data
but no following protocol data, but does not fully specify any particular
use.

The Security Considerations section in conjunction with the implementation
conditions in the document seems more than adequate for the mere additional
of this field value. Additional Security Considerations will be required in
future documents specifying particular uses of this field value.

Draft references should be updated when they have issued as RFCs but I'm
sure the RFC Editor will handle this.

My apologies that this review is late.

Thanks,
Donald
===============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]