Subject: [secdir] SECDIR Review of draft-ietf-6lo-rfc6775-update-11

From: Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 09:38:24 -0600

Hello,

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. 
These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security 
area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat these 
comments just like any other last call comments.

The summary of the review is Ready with Nits.

I skimmed through the document, which appears thorough and well laid out.

The Security Considerations section is appropriate.

Below are some nits that I found in the Security Considerations section:

Current:
Backbone Router in a way that prevents tempering with or replaying
Suggested:
s/tempering/tampering/

Current:
This specification recommends to using privacy techniques (see
Suggested:
s/to using/the use of/

Section B.5 is a section on Requirements Related to Security. This is an 
appropriate threat model.

Also, just because I'm a bit late in doing this, I reviewed the Privacy 
Considerations section of this document. This is also well written and 
provides guidance to implementers in the way of pointers to other RFCs.

Regards,
Chris

---

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 09:29:54 +0000

Thanks a bunch Chris :

I applied the recommended changes. They will appear in the next publication.

Take care,

Pascal

From: Chris Lonvick [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: dimanche 18 février 2018 16:38
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: SECDIR Review of draft-ietf-6lo-rfc6775-update-11

Hello,

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

Current:

Current:

Section B.5 is a section on Requirements Related to Security. This is an appropriate threat model.

Also, just because I'm a bit late in doing this, I reviewed the Privacy Considerations section of this document. This is also well written and provides guidance to implementers in the way of pointers to other RFCs.

Regards,
Chris