Subject: [secdir] [new-work] Fwd: [802.1 - 12663] Call for Comments on Nendica Draft Report ("The Lossless Network for Data Centers")

From: Dorothy Stanley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 07:29:46 -0700

Hello,

The IEEE Industry Connections Activity  related to IEEE 802 evolution,  IEEE
802 Network Enhancements for the Next Decade,
is requesting comments on its “Lossless Network for Data Centers“ report.

This report may lead to the formation of new projects within IEEE 802.

Comments and review are welcome, please see the details below.

Thank you,

Dorothy Stanley

----------------------
Dorothy Stanley
IEEE 802.11 WG Chair, [email-masked]
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
[email-masked] <[email-masked]>
[email-masked]
+1 630-363-1389 <630-363-1389>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Roger Marks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 8:05 PM
Subject: [802.1 - 12663] Call for Comments on Nendica Draft Report ("The
Lossless Network for Data Centers")
To: [email-masked]

Ballot due May 7: P802.1AS/D7.0
  Due May 11: P802.1CS/D1.4
For particulars see
  https://1.ieee802.org/active-ballots/
802.1 list help: https://1.ieee802.org/email-lists/
-----

Dear 802.1 Participants,

See below for the 30-day Call for Comments on the Nendica Draft Report "The
Lossless Network for Data Centers". This is the first Nendica Draft Report
of the IEEE 802 “Network Enhancements for the Next Decade” Industry
Connections Activity, under 802.1.

I encourage you to participate, and to circulate this announcement as
widely as you wish, so that we can get input from a wide swath of
interested experts.

I also encourage you to consider other topics that might be worthy to
propose as Nendica Work Items.

I expect comments to be addressed at Nendica meetings on 23-24 May at the
802.1/802.3 Interim Session in Pittsburgh. Nendica also plans to meet on 7
May at the 802 Wireless Interim in Warsaw.

Cheers,

Roger Marks

*Call for Comments on Nendica Draft Report ("The Lossless Network for Data
Centers")*

   - Nendica <https://1.ieee802.org/802-nendica/> (the IEEE 802 “Network
   Enhancements for the Next Decade” Industry Connections Activity), within
   its Lossless Data Center Networks Work Item
   <https://1.ieee802.org/802-nendica/nendica-lldcn/>, has developed a
   Nendica Draft Report on "The Lossless Network for Data Centers". Nendica
is
   conducting a Call for Comments seeking the views of all interested
parties
   on this draft.
   - Nendica specifically solicits comments on the Nendica Draft report
   802.1-18-0007-04-ICne
   <https://mentor.ieee.org/802.1/dcn/18/1-18-0007-04-ICne.pdf> ("The
   Lossless Network for Data Centers").
   - The Call for Comments period is 2018-04-13 through
   2018-05-13 (Anywhere on Earth).
   - Participation is open to all and is encouraged. Nendica will address
   every comment but does not guarantee to accept every comment nor to
provide
   an explicit response. Feel free to notify the Nendica Chair
   <[email-masked]> of your contact information if you would like to have
   further discussions of your comment or of the topic in general; without
   such information, Nendica may be unable to reach you.
   - Submit comments using the comment submittal form
   <https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=rxP5CJ
ot_Uq-JmG5No1M0LV6oY5k9-RPr7c6vZe3D-pUMFUxUlZWT09EVTNQUEJDTEFSWFZJNzhOQS4u>
   .
   - Your comment may reference external documents by URL. Preferably,
   upload external documents as contributions using the Nendica document
   repository <https://mentor.ieee.org/802.1/documents?is_group=ICne>.
      - To contribute a new document, log in using an IEEE password
      <https://mentor.ieee.org/802.1/documents?is_group=ICne>.
      - You may also require external authorization. If you have
      difficulties, contact the Nendica Chair <[email-masked]>.
   - If you wish to submit a set of comments in batch form, do the
   following:
      - download and complete the batch comment spreadsheet
      <https://unsja-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g/personal/officeuser45
64_unsja_onmicrosoft_com/EdPWJMttjMlEl364aoWge_cBG50m6lhGWdz
TKWOeii8z9g?e=Hd2arg>
      - upload the completed spreadsheet file to the Nendica document
      repository <https://mentor.ieee.org/802.1/documents?is_group=ICne>
      - submit a comment using the comment submittal form
      <https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=rxP5CJo
t_Uq-JmG5No1M0LV6oY5k9-RPr7c6vZe3D-pUMFUxUlZWT09EVTNQUEJDTEFSWFZJNzhOQS4u>
and
      referring to the upload comment spreadsheet by document number or URL
   - For technical issues, you may contact the Work Item Editor
   <[email-masked]>, Paul Congdon.
   - You can review submitted comments
   <https://forms.office.com/Pages/DesignPage.aspx?auth_pvr=
OrgId&auth_upn=[email-masked]&origin=
shell#Analysis=true&FormId=rxP5CJot_Uq-JmG5No1M0LV6oY5k9-
RPr7c6vZe3D-pUMFUxUlZWT09EVTNQUEJDTEFSWFZJNzhOQS4u>
   .
   - Thank you for your participation and feedback.

===
Unsubscribe link: mailto:[email-masked]
IEEE. Fostering technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of
humanity.
_______________________________________________
new-work mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/new-work