Subject: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-segment-routing-epe

From: Carl Wallace <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2018 07:14:34 -0500

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.
These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security area
directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments
just like any other last call comments.

This document describes an extension to BGP Link State (BGP-LS) for
advertisement of BGP Peering Segments along with their BGP peering node
information so that efficient BGP Egress Peer Engineering (EPE) policies
and strategies can be computed based on Segment Routing. As extensions to
RFC7752, the security considerations incorporate language from that
document by reference in addition to segment routing security
considerations from the architecture document (RFC8402). This seems
appropriate. I found the document to be well written. One minor comment,
reusing the same reference diagram for Figure 5 as in
draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-central-epe-05 Figure 1 may be
worthwhile (as would making sure all items in the diagram are described in
the test below the diagram).