Subject: [secdir] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring-13

From: Joseph Salowey via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 15:25:57 -0700

Reviewer: Joseph Salowey
Review result: Has Issues

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

The summary of the review is the document has issues with the security
considerations section.

The security consideration section is extremely light.  It mainly contains text
from RFC 7333.  It seems that there should be more discussion of security as it
relates to the different configurations and different cases.   Do each of these
cases have the same security properties and require the same types of security
controls?

Are the IPSEC recommendations mentioned in the security considerations of
draft-ietf-dmm-deployment-models-04 applicable for all the cases?   Should
these be pointed out in the security considerations section?

---

From: CARLOS JESUS BERNARDOS CANO <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 13:12:22 +0200

Dear Joseph,

Thanks a lot for the review. We will improve the security consideration
section by including also some of the considerations mentioned in draft-ietf
-dmm-deployment-models-04, and also by better scoping current text. We
believe we don't need much more in terms of text, as the document is
informational, and the actual security mechanisms for a distributed
anchoring solution would depend on the specifics of that solution. We can
also better reflect that rational in the text.

Thanks,

Carlos

-- 
Special Issue "Beyond 5G Evolution":
https://www.mdpi.com/journal/electronics/special_issues/beyond_5g