Subject: [secdir] [new-work] IEEE 802 Nov 2019 Plenary - New Study Groups

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 11:52:03 -0500

Dear Members of the IETF:

In the spirit of continuing cooperation between IEEE 802 and IETF, the
following letter addresses new work items for information and potential
coordination with the respective IEEE 802 WG.   

One of the first steps in the IEEE Standards Association's standards
development process is the creation of a Study Group. Study groups are
chartered to create a formal Project Authorization Request (PAR) document
that includes a description of the project's scope and purpose.  

The following Study Groups were approved at the Nov 2019 IEEE 802 Plenary -

*	IEEE 802.3 100 Gb/s wavelength Short Reach PHYs PAR Study Group
*	IEEE 802.11 Sensing PAR Study Group
*	IEEE 802.15 Reduced Spectral Bandwidth PHY Study Group

Please note, per the IEEE 802 Policies and Procedures that a Study Group is
chartered to operate until the next plenary session, a period of four months
and, if it wishes to continue, must request a charter extension. Study
Groups may also terminate between plenary sessions if their proposed project
is approved by the IEEE Standards Association Standards Board.  

Additionally, within the IEEE 802 family of standards, there is a
requirement that each new project proposal attaches additional documentation
that describes its engineering feasibility, market potential, assurance of
coexistence and distinct identity relative to previous standards (referred
to as the "The Criteria for Standards Development (CSD)" in 802, which also
includes the "5 criteria").  The CSD used by IEEE 802 can be found in
document:  

https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/14/ec-14-0028-00-00EC-csd-informative-ext
ract.pdf   

Also please note that IEEE meetings are open and may be attended by any
individuals who register and fulfill any registration fees. Details
regarding future IEEE 802 plenary meeting schedules may be found at
http://802world.org/plenary/future-plenary-sessions/.  Please refer to
individual working groups for their interim meeting schedules. A listing of
all working groups may be found at http://www.ieee802.org/.     

Sincerely,   

John D'Ambrosia  

Recording Secretary, IEEE 802 LMSC  

[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>     

_______________________________________________
new-work mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/new-work