Subject: [secdir] SECDIR review of draft-ietf-detnet-data-plane-framework-04

From: Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 08:26:01 -0500

Hello,

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. 
These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security 
area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat these 
comments just like any other last call comments.

The summary of the review is Ready with Issues. The only reason I add 
the "with Issues" caveat is that the Security Considerations section 
broadly defers to I-D.ietf-detnet-security.

The Security Considerations section of 
draft-ietf-detnet-data-plane-framework additionally provides some 
comments that are specific to the draft. I found those to be well 
thought out and appropriate. I skimmed I-D.ietf-detnet-security and 
found it to also be well thought out. The threat model was clear and 
understandable and the document appeared to appropriately address the 
threat analysis.

I would give draft-ietf-detnet-data-plane-framework an unqualified 
Ready, as soon as I-D.ietf-detnet-security is reviewed and becomes an RFC.

Regards,

Chris

---

From: Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 10:31:16 -0500

Oops - sorry. Resending to the correct alias.

Thanks,

Chris

On 3/13/20 8:26 AM, Chris Lonvick wrote:
> ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the 
> IESG. These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the 
> security area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat 
> these comments just like any other last call comments.
>