Subject: [secdir] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-dhc-v6only-03

From: Russ Housley via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 13:40:13 -0700

Reviewer: Russ Housley
Review result: Has Nits

I reviewed this document as part of the Security Directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These
comments were written primarily for the benefit of the Security Area
Directors.  Document authors, document editors, and WG chairs should
treat these comments just like any other IETF Last Call comments.

Document: draft-ietf-dhc-v6only-03
Reviewer: Russ Housley
Review Date: 2020-06-18
IETF LC End Date: 2020-07-02
IESG Telechat date: unknown

Summary: Has Nits

Major Concerns:

None.

Minor Concerns:

Section 3.4 includes:

    V6ONLY_WAIT     The minimum time the client SHOULD stop the DHCPv4
                    configuration process for. MUST be no less than
                    MIN_V6ONLY_WAIT seconds. Default: 1800 seconds

The second sentence should include a subject; and "MUST NOT" seems like
a better wording to me.  I suggest:

    V6ONLY_WAIT     The minimum time for which the client SHOULD stop
                    the DHCPv4 configuration process. The value MUST NOT
                    be less than MIN_V6ONLY_WAIT seconds.
                    Default: 1800 seconds.

Nits:

Section 2: s/seems only natural/seems natural/

Section 3.3.1: s/for V6ONLY_WAIT second/for V6ONLY_WAIT seconds/

---

From: Jen Linkova <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 08:15:16 +1000

Hi Russ,

Thanks a lot for reviewing the document.
All your comments will be addressed in -04, which I plan to submit
after the IETF LC ends.

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 6:40 AM Russ Housley via Datatracker
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> dhcwg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

-- 
SY, Jen Linkova aka Furry

---

From: "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 13:19:31 +0000

Thank you Russ for your review :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: dhcwg <[email-masked]> on behalf of Russ Housley via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thursday, 18 June 2020 at 22:40
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [dhcwg] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-dhc-v6only-03

    Reviewer: Russ Housley
    Review result: Has Nits

    Summary: Has Nits

    Major Concerns:

    None.

    Minor Concerns:

    Section 3.4 includes:

    Nits: