Subject: [secdir] sec-dir review of draft-ietf-cose-rfc8152bis-struct-09

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 17:44:07 -0400

Hi,

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  These comments were written with the intent of improving
security requirements and considerations in IETF drafts.  Comments
not addressed in last call may be included in AD reviews during the
IESG review.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these
comments just like any other last call comments.

Summary:

* Ready to publish

Details:

* Just as a point of information, if I recall correctly I was also
  present when this topic was first discussed ;)

-derek

-- 
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       [email-masked]             www.ihtfp.com
       Computer and Internet Security Consultant

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 22:06:38 -0700

Thanks Derek, we appreciate having the extra set of expert eyes.
Roman put a Discuss in about making sure the data structure names we use
are consistent/correct, and I had one that's being picky about the Internet
Standard criteria and whether one feature qualifies for it.

-Ben

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 09:10:38 -0400

Hi Ben,

> Standard criteria and whether one feature qualifies for it.

Yes, I saw your two discusses as well.

When I was reviewing it I was focusing on the security considerations
and not on all those consistency issues.

-derek

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 13:21:45 -0700

> and not on all those consistency issues.

And it's entirely reasonable and within expecations to do so, to be clear.

Thanks again!

-Ben