Subject: [secdir] Secdir review of draft-ietf-bess-rfc5549revision-04

From: Radia Perlman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 19:24:21 -0700

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These
comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security area
directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

Summary: I have found no issues with the document.

This document specifies the extensions necessary to allow advertising IPv4
NLRI or VPN-IPV4 NLRI with an IPv6 next hop address.

The document is fine.

Nit: I didn't quite understand a word in the acknowledgement section

"  The authors would like to thank Francois Le Faucheur and Eric Rosen

   for the edition and their work on [RFC5549
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5549>]."

What do you mean by "edition"?  Do you perhaps mean "editing work"?

Would you still be properly acknowledging them if you removed the
words "the edition and", and made it simply "for their work

on RFC5549"?

Radia