Subject: [secdir] secdir review of draft-carpenter-eligibility-expand

From: Dan Harkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 10:30:20 -0800

Greetings,

   I have reviewed draft-carpenter-eligibility-expand as part of the
security directorate's ongoing effort to review all IETF documents
being processed by the IESG.  These comments were written primarily
for the benefit of the security area directors.  Document editors
and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other last
call comments.

   The draft proposes a temporary change (it calls this an "experiment")
in the process for qualifying volunteers to serve in the NOMCOM. This
is necessary due to the virtualization of IETFs 107-110. It lists
goals and new criteria for qualification as well as a way to revert
back to RFC 8713 when we return to normal in-person IETFs. It makes
sense.

  This draft will have no impact on the security of the Internet if
published. The summary of the review is Ready.

   regards,

   Dan.

-- 
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to
escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius