Subject: Re: [Secdispatch] Call for agenda items at IETF 104

From: Roman Danyliw <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 16:15:43 +0000

Hello!

The draft agenda for IETF 104 [1] has SecDispatch scheduled for Monday, March 25 from 1350 - 1550.  A reminder, if you would like time on the agenda, please send your request to the mailing list.

Regards,
Roman and Richard

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/agenda/

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Roman Danyliw
> Sent: Monday, February 11, 2019 12:40 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Call for agenda items at IETF 104
> 
> Hello!
> 
> SecDispatch will be meeting at IETF 104 (at a time yet to be determined).  If
> you would like time on the agenda, send your request to the mailing list.
> Helpful items to include in your request (if known/applicable) are:
> 
> (1) pointers to a draft(s)
> (2) pointers to ongoing/prior discussions
> (3) pointers to implementations
> (4) pointers to any other background materials
> (5) summarizing prior engagement with existing WGs
> (6) summarizing who would want to advance this work
> (7) desired next steps
> 
> If needed, precedence will be given to documents that have demonstrated
> interest in the form of active drafts and list discussion.
> 
> If you have questions, please reach out to the co-chairs.
> 
> Regards,
> Roman and Richard

---

From: Anders Rundgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 20:46:10 +0100

Dear SecDispatch Organizers
We would be happy to get a slot in the program.

JSON Canonicalization Scheme (JCS) is a building block for JSON-based security solutions.

The work to potentially be presented has a mailing list: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/json-canon
Current I-D: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rundgren-json-canonicalization-scheme-05
Implementations exist for 5 platforms: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rundgren-json-canonicalization-scheme-05#appendix-G
On-line site where a combination of JOSE JWS and JCS (our topic) can be tested: https://mobilepki.org/jws-jcs/home

Our whish is to run JCS either in a WG or become a DISPATCH item.

At least two of the editors will be present in Prague.

Sincerely,
Anders Rundgren, for the JCS team

---

From: "R. Miles McCain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 18:18:27 -0500

Hello,

If any additional time is available, I would like to request time to
discuss draft-mccain-keylist (<
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mccain-keylist/>) during the
SecDispatch meeting at IETF 104.

Most discussion so far has taken place in the OpenPGP mailing list (see <
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/openpgp/?gbt=1&index=tFzcDPVHylKrLmZY_2Vcw0bdjog>),
and 'development' of the draft has taken place on GitHub (<
https://github.com/firstlookmedia/keylist-rfc>). (Note that because of the
recent constructive feedback from the OpenPGP mailing list, my co-authors
and I plan to release an updated version of the draft in the coming days.)

The spec itself has been implemented by GPGSync, an open-source tool
currently in use by First Look Media (parent of *The Intercept*) and the
Freedom of the Press Foundation. Other background materials are available
at <https://tech.firstlook.media/gpg-sync-v0-3> and <
https://tech.firstlook.media/keylist-rfc-explainer>.

My co-authors and I imagine that this work could *potentially* be suitable
for the OpenPGP working group, but we also realize that our draft has less
to do with OpenPGP itself and more to do with key management, and are
therefore open to working with whatever group is appropriate. We hope to be
guided by the feedback from a working group, but my co-authors and I
nonetheless anticipate that the majority of work done to advance the draft
will be our own. (That being said, we welcome and encourage anyone to
submit a pull request to the draft's GitHub repository should they like to
make edits themselves.)

It is also worth mentioning that we will be participating in the meeting
remotely.

Thank you for your consideration,
Miles McCain

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 11:15 AM Roman Danyliw <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> The draft agenda for IETF 104 [1] has SecDispatch scheduled for Monday,
> March 25 from 1350 - 1550.  A reminder, if you would like time on the
> agenda, please send your request to the mailing list.
>
> Regards,
> Roman and Richard
>
> _______________________________________________
> Secdispatch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/secdispatch
>