Subject: [Secdispatch] review request: draft-hodges-webauthn-registries-02

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 12:33:55 -0700

Hi,

The WebAuthn spec recently attained Recommendation status [1][2], thus 
it is time to progress draft-hodges-webauthn-registries-02 [3].

The latter I-D simply defines two IANA registries for W3C Web 
Authentication attestation statement format identifiers and extension 
identifiers.

Kathleen had initially AD-sponsored draft-hodges-webauthn-registries -- 
we're asking secdispatch to have Ben continue this sponsorship.

We're happy to discuss during the SecDispatch session at IETF-104 Prague 
if y'all wish.

Thanks,

=JeffH, Mike Jones, Giri Mandyam

[1] 
<https://www.w3.org/blog/webauthn/2019/03/10/web-authentication-level-1-is-a-w3c-recommendation/>

[2] https://www.w3.org/TR/2019/REC-webauthn-1-20190304/

[3] Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-hodges-webauthn-registries-02.txt
To: Michael B. Jones <[email-masked]>, Giridhar Mandyam 
<[email-masked]>, Jeff Hodges <[email-masked]>
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 7:44 PM

A new version of I-D, draft-hodges-webauthn-registries-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Jeff Hodges and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-hodges-webauthn-registries
Revision:       02
Title:          Registries for Web Authentication (WebAuthn)
Document date:  2019-03-11
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          7
URL: 
<https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hodges-webauthn-registries-02.txt>
Status: 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hodges-webauthn-registries/>
Htmlized: 
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hodges-webauthn-registries-02>
Htmlized: 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hodges-webauthn-registries>
Diff: 
<https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hodges-webauthn-registries-02>

Abstract:
    This specification defines IANA registries for W3C Web Authentication
    attestation statement format identifiers and extension identifiers.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 02:53:45 -0700

> >    Anyway, are there any objections to Ben AD-sponsoring
       `draft-hodges-webauthn-registries` ?

> This is such an obvious no-brainer that I wonder if you're just not  
> seeking attention :)

Well, Ben asked us to send that inquiry message.

Seems to me he/us have our answer ;-)

thanks,

=JeffH

ps: review of draft-hodges-webauthn-registries remains welcome of course...