Subject: Re: [Secdispatch] review request: draft-hodges-webauthn-registries-02

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 00:09:05 -0700

Hi,

There have not been replies to the below inquiry on the mailing list,  
and I regrettably neglected to mention it during the secdispatch  
session yesterday here at IETF-104 (e.g., at the session end; I claim  
being distracted by dutifully taking minutes...).

Anyway, are there any objections to Ben AD-sponsoring  
`draft-hodges-webauthn-registries` ?

I and my co-authors (Mike Jones, Giri Mandyam) are around this week if  
y'all wish to chat f2f.

thanks,

=JeffH

---
<[email-masked]> scrawled on Tue, 12 March 2019 19:43 UTC:

Hi,

The WebAuthn spec recently attained Recommendation status [1][2], thus
it is time to progress draft-hodges-webauthn-registries-02 [3].

The latter I-D simply defines two IANA registries for W3C Web
Authentication attestation statement format identifiers and extension
identifiers.

Kathleen had initially AD-sponsored draft-hodges-webauthn-registries --
we're asking secdispatch to have Ben continue this sponsorship.

We're happy to discuss during the SecDispatch session at IETF-104 Prague
if y'all wish.

Thanks,

=JeffH, Mike Jones, Giri Mandyam

[1]
<https://www.w3.org/blog/webauthn/2019/03/10/web-authentication-level-1-is-a-w3c-recommendation/>

[2] https://www.w3.org/TR/2019/REC-webauthn-1-20190304/

[3] Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-hodges-webauthn-registries-02.txt
To: Michael B. Jones <[email-masked]>;, Giridhar Mandyam
<[email-masked]>;, Jeff Hodges <[email-masked]>;
From: <[email-masked]>;
Date: Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 7:44 PM

A new version of I-D, draft-hodges-webauthn-registries-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Jeff Hodges and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-hodges-webauthn-registries
Revision:       02
Title:          Registries for Web Authentication (WebAuthn)
Document date:  2019-03-11
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          7
URL:
<https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hodges-webauthn-registries-02.txt>
Status:
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hodges-webauthn-registries/>
Htmlized:
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hodges-webauthn-registries-02>
Htmlized:
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hodges-webauthn-registries>
Diff:
<https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hodges-webauthn-registries-02>

Abstract:
     This specification defines IANA registries for W3C Web Authentication
     attestation statement format identifiers and extension identifiers.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: "Salz, Rich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 08:33:55 +0000

This is such an obvious no-brainer that I wonder if you're just not seeking attention :)

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 14:22:43 -0500

> This is such an obvious no-brainer that I wonder if you're just not seeking attention :)

I asked Jeff to ask about it here; I try not to think I'm infallible and
appreciate the extra impartial eyes, especially when it's a "no-brainer" :)

-Ben