Subject: [Secdispatch] New Version Notification for draft-birk-pep-03.txt

From: Bernie Hoeneisen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 14:53:58 +0100 (CET)

Please be informed that an update of the Internet-Draft draft-birk-pep-03 
has just been published (see also below). It describes in general how pEp 
(pretty Easy privacy) works and it serves as a starting point for the 
MEDUP (Missing Elements for Decentralized and Usable Privacy) discussions.

Discussion of this Internet-Draft and other pEp related matters is 
taking place on the new MEDUP mailing list ([email-masked]) from now on.
To subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/medup

Looking forward to all your comments and feedback on the new MEDUP mailing 
list!

All the best,
  Bernie

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 14:15:11
From: [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-birk-pep-03.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-birk-pep-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Hernani Marques and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-birk-pep
Revision:	03
Title:		pretty Easy privacy (pEp): Privacy by Default
Document date:	2019-03-07
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		31
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-birk-pep-03.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-birk-pep/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-birk-pep-03
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-birk-pep
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-birk-pep-03

Abstract:
    The pretty Easy privacy (pEp) protocols describe a set of conventions
    for the automation of operations traditionally seen as barriers to
    the use and deployment of secure end-to-end interpersonal messaging.
    These include, but are not limited to, key management, key discovery,
    and private key handling (including peer-to-peer synchronization of
    private keys and other user data across devices). pEp also introduces
    means to verify communication peers and proposes a trust-rating
    system to denote secure types of communications and signal the
    privacy level available on a per-user and per-message level.
    Significantly, the pEp protocols build on already available security
    formats and message transports (e.g., PGP/MIME), and are written with
    the intent to be interoperable with already widely-deployed systems
    in order to facilitate and ease adoption and implementation.  This
    document outlines the general design choices and principles of pEp.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat