Subject: [Secdispatch] Fwd: Applied Network Research Workshop 2019 CFP

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2019 12:40:54 -0400

Hey Secdispatch folks,

The submission deadlines for ANRW in Montréal are approaching.  See below
for details.

--Richard

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, May 1, 2019 at 11:41 AM
Subject: Applied Network Research Workshop 2019 CFP
To: <[email-masked]>

Hi all,

Please consider sharing with your working/research groups and please
consider submitting talks to the Applied Networking Research Workshop
(ANRW) to be held in conjunction with IETF in July in Montreal. The
workshop is a mix of new works (short paper submission) and existing works
(extended abstract submission of prior publications). Deadline is May 10.

Please see the call for papers here: https://irtf.org/anrw/2019/cfp.html (and
pasted below).

- jana
ANRW ’19 Call for Papers

The ACM <https://www.acm.org/>, IRTF <https://irtf.org/> & ISOC
<https://www.internetsociety.org/> Applied Networking Research Workshop
2019 (ANRW <https://irtf.org/anrw/>’19) is an academic workshop that
provides a forum for researchers, vendors, network operators, and the
Internet standards community to present and discuss emerging results in
applied networking research. The workshop offers an opportunity for
academics *to transition research back into IETF
<https://ietf.org/> standards and protocols and to find inspiration from
topics and open problems discussed at the IETF <https://ietf.org/>*. The
workshop will consist of a mix of invited talks, submitted talks, and
submitted short papers.

   - *Submitted talks* are not-for-publication *resubmissions* of works
   that have been published elsewhere during the last 12 months. The goal here
   is to increase impact of previously published work. For a talk to be
   considered for presentation, please submit an extended abstract that is no
   longer than 2 pages.
   - *Short papers* are publications that present new research that has not
   been previously published. For a short paper to be considered for
   publication, please submit work describing early/emerging results in a
   relevant topic area. There is a 6-page limit for short papers.

ANRW <https://irtf.org/anrw/> ’19 particularly encourages the submission of
results that could form the basis for future engineering work in the IETF
<https://ietf.org/>, that could help better specify Internet protocols,
that could change operational Internet practices, or that could influence
further research and experimentation in the IRTF <https://irtf.org/>. ANRW
<https://irtf.org/anrw/> ‘19 is sponsored by ACM <https://www.acm.org/>
SIGCOMM <https://sigcomm.org/>, and the Internet Research Task Force (IRTF
<https://irtf.org/>).

Topics of Interest

   - Development and deployment of new and improved transport protocols,
   secure protocols, routing protocols
   - Measurement and analysis of existing and new transport protocols,
   secure protocols, and routing protocols
   - Practical congestion control for heterogeneous networks and novel
   applications
   - Improvements to the security and privacy of Internet protocols
   - Measuring and understanding the behavior and transparency of the
   Internet, including censorship
   - Deployment and evolution of DNS
   <https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/dns/about/>, CDNs, anycast, and other
   wide-area services
   - Measurements and analysis of wide-area privacy risks and remediation
   - Approaches and efforts towards decentralizing and democratizing the
   Internet
   - Internet access in challenging environments
   - Protocols and APIs for new Internet applications
   - Better ways of specifying protocols, including usable techniques for
   protocol verification
   - Evolution of interconnection, and network management practices
   - Integration of programmable networking into the wide area
   - Interactions between emergent applications and existing network
   deployments
   - Approaches for wide-area monitoring, root-cause analysis, and debugging
   - New approaches to network management, operations, and control
   - Topics relevant to the standardization activities of related IETF
   <https://ietf.org/> working groups
   - Topics relevant to activity in related IRTF <https://irtf.org/> research
   groups.

Submission Types

ANRW <https://irtf.org/anrw/> ’19 accepts two types of submissions: *talks*
 and *short papers*. *Submissions are not anonymous*. Authors of accepted
talks and short papers may also bring a poster presenting its content to
the workshop, for display and more in-depth discussion with interested
participants during the breaks.
Talks

   - Talk submissions are not-for-publication resubmissions of works that
   have been published elsewhere during the last 12 months. They may contain
   up to two pages of technical content, including figures, tables,
   appendices, optionally followed by unlimited additional pages for
   references and acknowledgements only. The two page limit is strictly
   enforced, even a single line exceeding two pages will lead to rejection
   without review. We expect talk submissions to describe the research at a
   high enough level to assess whether a talk on the topic would be suitable
   for the audience. Authors may also optionally attach the published paper or
   technical report backing the submission; this attachment is for reference
   only and may not be reviewed.
   - Accepted talks can be presented without publication; however, authors
   can publish their extended abstract in the ACM
<https://www.acm.org/> Digital
   Library if desired.

Short Papers

   - Short paper submissions are suitable for short position papers, for
   starting a discussion on new technical ideas, to present very early
   results, or to present other topics of interest to the community (software
   and tools, research initiatives or collaborative projects, major new
   funding vessels, etc.). They may contain up to six pages of content
   including figures, tables, and any appendices, optionally followed by a
   unlimited additional pages for references and acknowledgments only.
   - Accepted short papers will be presented during the workshop, and will
   be published in the ACM <https://www.acm.org/> Digital Library.

Paper Novelty

An accepted talk that is not published can be based on previously published
work, or can describe work currently under submission to another venue.

An accepted paper that is published must not be based on previously
published work, and cannot describe work that is currently under submission
to another venue. An accepted paper that is published also must not
plagiarize the work of its authors or of any other authors. The ACM
<https://www.acm.org/> Policy and Procedures on Plagiarism applies to the
ANRW <https://irtf.org/anrw/>, and action will be taken against submitters
who have engaged in such practices.

Papers accompanied by nondisclosure agreement requests will not be
considered for review or publication, nor ever be disclosed.
Formatting

All submissions must satisfy the following requirements:

   - Short papers: up to 6 pages for technical content (including
   appendices) + unlimited pages for references and acknowledgements.
   - Submitted talks: up to 2 pages for technical content + unlimited pages
   references and acknowledgements. Authors may optionally provide an
   attachment for reference purposes that will not be reviewed.
   - 10-point font for main text; font used in other places (e.g., figures)
   should be no smaller than 9 point
   - Two-column format, with the size of each column being at most 3.33 x
   9.25 inches and the space between columns being at least 0.33 inches letter
   page size (8.5 x 11 inches)
   - Include names and affiliations of all authors on the title page (no
   anonymization).

Submissions that do not comply with these requirements will be rejected
without review. It is your responsibility to ensure that your submission
satisfies the above requirements. If you are using LaTeX, you can make use
of this template for ACM <https://www.acm.org/> conference proceedings.
Unlike the official template, it only includes an example for conference
proceedings. *Note that you must change from the default 9-point format to
10-point text*.
Reviews

All submissions will be peer reviewed (single-blind). Reviews will be
shared with the authors.

Authors and TPC members provide conflict-of-interest information. It is
important that all authors of a submission are indicated in the submission
system and that all authors enter any conflicts of interest. Broadly, a
conflict of interest exists when:

   - You are currently employed at the same organization, have been
   previously employed at the same organization within the last twelve months,
   or are going to begin employment at the same organization.
   - You have a past or present professional relationship, such as thesis
   advisement, collaboration on a project, publication, or grant proposal
   within the past two years.

These are examples – use your own good judgment.
Important Dates
Paper submission deadline May 10, 2019
Paper notification deadline June 7, 2019
Camera-ready paper deadline June 21, 2019