Subject: [Secdispatch] SFrame: new proposal for E2EE in video conferencing

From: Emad Omara <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 16:07:19 -0700

Hi Security dispatch,

I will present the SFrame
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-omara-sframe-00> proposal to the Dispatch
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/108/session/dispatch> on Monday and
discuss the possible next steps for this work. This might be
interesting for the folks here, so please feel free to provide feedback and
join the discussion on Monday.

Thanks
Emad

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 10:38:31 -0400

A little bit of additional context for folks: SFrame is designed to provide
E2E protections on top of what is provided by a base media transport like
SRTP.  It has some similarities to the PERC work, but is also learning from
that experience.

--Richard

On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 7:07 PM Emad Omara <emadomara=
[email-masked]> wrote:

> <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-omara-sframe-00> proposal to the
> Dispatch <https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/108/session/dispatch> on
> Monday and discuss the possible next steps for this work. This might be
> _______________________________________________
> Secdispatch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/secdispatch
>

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 20:48:45 -0400

On 2020-07-22 7:07 p.m., Emad Omara wrote:
> interesting for the folks here, so please feel free to provide feedback 
> and join the discussion on Monday.

Can it work within EBML (RFC8794, just out), based Matroska?

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 22:42:01 -0400

> Can it work within EBML (RFC8794, just out), based Matroska?

Short answer, no.

Longer answer, real time not files.

—RLB