Subject: [Secdispatch] Fwd: New Non-WG Mailing List: e2ee

From: Mallory Knodel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 14:46:25 -0400

Hi folks,

Please see below the information for joining the e2ee mailing list to 
discuss the draft e2ee definition: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-knodel-e2ee-definition/

Thanks so much to the security area directors for getting this going so 
quickly,

-Mallory

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Non-WG Mailing List: e2ee
Date: 	Tue, 27 Jul 2021 11:28:51 -0700
From: 	IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>
CC: 	[email-masked], [email-masked]

A new IETF non-working group email list has been created.

List address: [email-masked]
Archive: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/e2ee
To subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/e2ee

Purpose:
This mailing list exists to discuss how to best document a definition of 
end-to-end encryption (E2EE).
In brief, it is an application of cryptography in communications systems 
between endpoints. E2EE systems are unique in providing features of 
confidentiality, integrity and authenticity for users. Improvements to 
E2EE strive to maximise the system's security while balancing usability 
and availability.
Users of E2EE communications expect trustworthy providers of secure 
implementations to respect and protect their right to whisper. The IETF 
is the appropriate venue for this discussion and hopes the mailing list 
discussion
results in a published RFC series document.

This list belongs to IETF area: SEC

For additional information, please contact the list administrators.