Subject: SSH and DNSSEC

From: Stefan Mangard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 04:43:02 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I have been working an a DNSSEC implementation for SSH. A description of
the project as it is till now can be found at
http://www.cs.jhu.edu/~smang/sshproject.html

Since I read on your web site that it is a goal of the ssh working group
to utilize infrastructures such as DNSSEC, I wanted to ask if there has
already been done anything similar by your group.

Greetings,

Stefan Mangard

---

From: [email-masked] (Niels M�ller)
Date: 28 Aug 2000 13:19:07 +0200

> http://www.cs.jhu.edu/~smang/sshproject.html

I don't know of any similar projects. But distributing host keys via
DNSSEC sounds like a good thing. Even if I'm not as familiar with
DNSSEC as I'd wish.

What resolver are you using, and how is is the verification work
divided between the resolver library and your openssh client?

/Niels