Subject: Re:

From: "Igwe, Harrison" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 11:28:44 +0100

Hi,
I have been trying to use ssh for remote connections .
My  questions are
1	Can I run ssh2 client on windows 95 connecting to unix server
	running ssh2
2	When I try connecting to the unix server it comes up with the error
	The host is unknown.

Does anyone know how to solve that ?

Cheers

Harrison Igwe
[email-masked]

---

From: "Calvin Bebermeyer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 07:06:35 -0500

You should be able to use Win9X. :)

That message seems to indicate that your key(s) did not generate on
the Win95 box.

Which ssh2 are you using on your Win95 machine?

Calvin Bebermeyer
2000-2001 MU-ACM Program Chair
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Niels M�ller)
Date: 25 Aug 2000 14:59:08 +0200

> 1	Can I run ssh2 client on windows 95 connecting to unix server

I think you can, even if I have never done that. I'm assuming you mean
that you have sshd2 (i.e. the daemon) running on the unix server.

> 2	When I try connecting to the unix server it comes up with the error

You should probably mail the support line/mailing list for your
particular ssh2 client, or use the comp.security.ssh newsgroup. This
mailing list is for discussions about the ssh2 protocol internals.

Regards,
/Niels

---

From: Calvin Bebermeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 09:07:40 -0500 (CDT)

> mailing list is for discussions about the ssh2 protocol internals.
quite true about the list directions.  I did not notice which list was
used ... until now.  Sorry :)

Calvin Bebermeyer