Subject: Re: Please publish attached draft-ietf-secsh-break-01

From: "Phillip Remaker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 09:37:32 -0800

> This looks good - I've had a few requests for this functionality in
> PuTTY. Are any server maintainers planning to implement it soon? I'd
> certainly like to have it in the next PuTTY release, but I'd also
> quite like the documentation not to have to confess `actually no
> servers support this so it's a bit useless' :-)

I am pushing to get it in Cisco, and I am trying to also get it on
Cyclades's roadmap.

Do you have any other vendors that we should hassle?

---

From: Pontus Skoeld <[email-masked]>
Date: 04 Apr 2003 08:50:20 +0200

Simon Tatham <[email-masked]> writes:

> > Please publish the attached draft,
> > draft-ietf-secsh-break-01.txt.
> 

FWIW, I've just implemented (although not yet properly tested) it in
lshd.

	/Pontus
-- 

Pontus Sköld, see <URL:http://soua.net/> for more information.

---

From: Ivan Passos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:31:13 -0700

> servers support this so it's a bit useless' :-)

You can count Cyclades as a commited maintainer then! ;)

Cyclades currently uses a modified version of OpenSSH with our own 
implementation of break-over-SSH (based on the interception of a 
pre-configurable string, which defaults to `~break'). 

Now that there is a standard using the SSH protocol itself, Cyclades 
will work on getting this implementation into OpenSSH (we'll make 
both implementations work on our products -- for backwards 
compatibility --, and will work with the OpenSSH folks to have the 
standard one included in the official OpenSSH release).

Does anyone have pointers as to who we should contact in the OpenSSH 
team to work on this?!?!

Thanks!

Later,
-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Ivan Passos							 -o)
Product Marketing Manager, Cyclades				 /\\
http://www.cyclades.com						_\_V
--------------------------------------------------------------------