Subject: Last Call: <draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh-05.txt> (SHA-2 Data Integrity Verification for the Secure Shell (SSH) Transport Layer Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 06:39:09 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'SHA-2 Data Integrity Verification for the Secure Shell (SSH) Transport
   Layer Protocol'
  <draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-04-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo defines algorithm names and parameters for use of some of
   the SHA-2 family of secure hash algorithms for data integrity
   verification in the Secure Shell (SSH) protocol.  It also updates
   RFC4253 by specifying a new RECOMMENDED data integrity algorithm.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.