Subject: psreq issues 6 - 10, 15, and 18 - 22

From: Pekka Nikander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 15:17:31 +0200

See http://www.tml.hut.fi/~pnr/SEND/issues.html

I resolved the following issues as follows.  The rationale
behind several was that since I earlier decided to include
solutions text in [[brackets]], it follows logically that
new suggested solutions text should be added as such.

The diffs between the -01 version and the current version
are available at
http://www.tml.hut.fi/~pnr/SEND/draft-ietf-send-psreq-02-from-1.diff.html

   6 Clarify operator certification capability in 4.1.1

     New text added, in [[brackets]], to 4.1.1

   7 Should the document talk about solutions in 4.2.1?

     New text added, in [[brackets]], to 4.2.1

   8 Add reference to secure DHCP in Section 4.2.6

     Added discussion how secure DHCP does not solve all problems.

   9 Remove mitigation approaches from 4.3.1

     REJECTED.  Text moved into [[brackets]]

  10 Clarify the meaning of '+' in Section 4.4.

     New text added.

  15 Add flooding DoS as a separate threat category

     New text added.

  18 Recommend refusal of override bit?

     New text added, in [[brackets]].

  19 Recommend that only /64 on-link prefixes are accepted

     New text added, in [[brackets]].

  20 New subthreat: flooding host's routing table

     New text added.

  21 Add a note about DDNS access controls

     REJECTED.  Falls beyond the scope of the draft.

  22 Add a note that small hop limits should not be accepted.

     New text added, in [[brackets]].

--------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, send email with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
body to <[email-masked]>.
Archive: http://standards.ericsson.net/lists/ietf-send/maillist.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------