Subject: cryptographic layering enforcement for SeND?

From: gabriel montenegro <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 01:39:39 +0100

I just mentioned this at the meeting.
In our drafty draft you'll find a description of the CLE
mechanism in which one can secure the binding between two
given addresses by deriving both of them from the same
hash output of the hash(PK).

In the SeND case, these two would be the IP addr and the link-layer
address.

The advantage is that it is a way to increawse the security beyond
the 62 bit limit without any additional work when creating the
addresses.

It may also have additional advantages in the transition scenario
in which you may end up with the confusing scenario of one MAC
address for both the "send" and "non-send" link.

-gabriel

ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/internet-drafts/draft-montenegro-send-cga-rr-01.txt

--------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, send email with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
body to <[email-masked]>.
Archive: http://standards.ericsson.net/lists/ietf-send/maillist.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------