Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nikander-send-ipsec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:47:36 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Securing Neighbor Discovery Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Secure Neighbor Discovery using separate CGA extension
                          header
	Author(s)	: P. Nikander
	Filename	: draft-nikander-send-ipsec-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2003-6-19
	
The Secure Neighbor Discovery (SEND) Working Group has produced an
Internet Draft that proposes to use an IPsec AH header that carries
both a public key and a signature.  However, based on the recent
discussion at the mailing lists it seems that such a usage of AH is
considered inappropriate at least by some members of the IPSEC WG.
In this draft we introduce an alternative method, where a separate
extension header is used to carry the public key, and the AH header
only contains a signature.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nikander-send-ipsec-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nikander-send-ipsec-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nikander-send-ipsec-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.