Subject: Re: Closing issue 19: Allow autoconfig even with non-CGA addrs e.g. ::1

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 14:39:57 +0300

Pekka,

I agree with the principle of what you are trying to do.
But I wonder if we can simultaneously leave the cert-based
scheme details outside the scope of the specification and
have a keyword in the following text:

       For natural reasons, hosts that are configured with a static
       address (e.g. PREFIX::1), cannot use CGA.  They SHOULD acquire
       a certificate and use certificate chain based authorization.

How about changing this text to

       This specification does not address the protection of
       Neighbor Discovery packets for hosts that are configured
       with a static address (e.g., PREFIX::1). Future certificate
       chain based authorization specifications are needed for
       such hosts.

--Jari

--------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, send email with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
body to <[email-masked]>.
Archive: http://standards.ericsson.net/lists/ietf-send/maillist.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Pekka Nikander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 19:37:39 +0300

>        chain based authorization specifications are needed for

Ok to me.  Changed for now.  Still waiting possible ack/nack from
Francis.

--Pekka