Subject: New issue?: The scope of source address for DCS?

From: Pekka Nikander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 10:20:01 +0300

Folks,

With regard to the DCS source address, the current spec says
the following:

          An IP address assigned to the sending interface, or the
          unspecified address if no address is assigned to the sending
          interface.

Should we be more specific, and say that the source address SHOULD
be the link local address?  Right now I don't see any specific
reason, other than the old saying of being conservative when
sending and liberal when receiving.

I didn't find anything in the outstanding issues, but maybe I just
missed it?

--Pekka Nikander

--------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, send email with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
body to <[email-masked]>.
Archive: http://standards.ericsson.net/lists/ietf-send/maillist.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 18:43:24 +0200

> sending and liberal when receiving.

In issue 21 we agreed that DCA source should be link-local.
It seems logical to require the same from DCS?

--Jari