Subject: issue 31 -- source address selection

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 01:02:39 +0200

I'm trying to close this issue. We have already agreed that
Samita's API draft is doing the right thing. I think you James
said also that an update of the default source address selection
rules for IPv6 & CGAs is not a task that we should do here.

Is this correct? What does that leave to be done?

Perhaps there is still need to state that the CGA addresses
should be used, without stating anything about the preference
rule ordering? Also, we may need to provide an informational
reference to Samita's draft.

How about this, to be inserted to Section 7:

     By default, a SEND-enabled node SHOULD use only CGAs
     as its own addresses. Other types of addresses MAY be
     used in testing, diagnostics or other purposes. However,
     this document does not describe how to choose between
     different types of addresses for different communications.
     A dynamic selection can be provided by an API, such as the
     one defined in [draft-chakrabarti].

--Jari

--------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, send email with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
body to <[email-masked]>.
Archive: http://standards.ericsson.net/lists/ietf-send/maillist.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------