Subject: Re: SEND with link-layer security

From: Pekka Nikander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 12:53:45 +0200

Michael Richardson wrote:
> I believe that there are significant issues if we do not eventually work on
> ways to bind link layer security (1x) and network layer security (SEND).

Sure, but 1x is not link layer security.  11i aims to be, but
but may not quite reach the mark, depending on how you measure.

OTOH, re-reading the charter and the proposed new charter (which
apparently will not be taken into use before the WG is closed),
I think that we should leave this out of scope of the WG.

If individual people have interest in working on this area, IMHO
(and I guess in James' opinion) it is OK  to use this mailing
list as a forum if the goal is to produce an individual
Informational RFC.  For WG activity at this area at least I want
first see SEND deployed (at least somewhere) and then work on
the area based on deployment experiences.

--Pekka Nikander

--------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, send email with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
body to <[email-masked]>.
Archive: http://standards.ericsson.net/lists/ietf-send/maillist.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------