Subject: issue 28 -- DCS source address

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:11:17 +0200

This issue is about the type of the source address in a
DCS message. There has not been that much discussion on this issue,
but I think the feeling was that we should restrict the addresses to
be link-local.

At the same time, I tried to make the keyword rules for the different
DCS & DCA fields consistent. Right now (a leftover from 2461) some of
the fields contain a keyword while others do not. I think it is better
to not include a keyword if the definition of a field is just <some
value>, e.g., a value assigned by IANA for ICMPv6 type, 0 for Code, or
an address of some sort for the source field.

I have also checked the current draft with regards to issue 21, which
had to do with the source address of the DCA message. It seems that
the resolution of that issue did not get reflected in the draft, so I
am changing that as well.

Finally, I edited the behaviour rules to not repeat the format
rules.

The changes can be seen in:

http://www.arkko.com/publications/send/issues/issue28diff.html

--Jari

--------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, send email with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
body to <[email-masked]>.
Archive: http://standards.ericsson.net/lists/ietf-send/maillist.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Greg Daley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 10:01:08 +1100

Hi Jari,

> http://www.arkko.com/publications/send/issues/issue28diff.html

This looks good.

Greg