Subject: Re: An API question from Samita

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 14:49:47 +0200

Julien Laganier wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 November 2003 12:25, Pekka Nikander wrote:
> 
>>Following the discussion last week at Minneapolis,
>>Samita Chakrabarti wants to ask the working group
>>the following question:
>>
>>   draft-chakrabarti-ipv6-addrselect-api-02.txt already has a mechanism
>>   to choose CGA and NON-CGA source addresses by the application using
>>   socket api.  The SEND wg needs to decide whether such API is needed
>>   for applications running on a SEND-node.  Please send the decision on
>>   this to the IPv6 wg alias - based on that we will update the address
>>   selection API draft (which actually goes along with RFC3484).
>>
>>Please send your replies to the mailing list.  The chairs
>>will summarize and post the summary also to the ipv6 mailing
>>list.

I think it would be useful to have such an API.

And then Julien Laganier wrote:

> OTOH, there's nod doubt that the same effect (avoid CGA signature and 
> validation) can be achieved through a future dedicated API. But as the source 
> address selection API draft is almost ready, mentions CGA without creating 
> apparent conflicts, I think it's worth keeping CGA in it.

Yes.

I also looked at Samita's document and the CGA parts
seem Ok.

--Jari

--------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, send email with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
body to <[email-masked]>.
Archive: http://standards.ericsson.net/lists/ietf-send/maillist.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 10:40:09 +0200

(Originally bounced, I'm resending it to the list --Jari)

>>> > validation) can be achieved through a future dedicated API. But as the 

source 

>> I also looked at Samita's document and the CGA parts

Thanks for checking the API doc for CGA part. I assume that the SEND doc
will have CGA node default behavior documented, then we can refer the SEND
document from this API doc.

-Samita