Subject: (Fwd) Protocol Action: 'Cryptographically Generated Addresses (CGA)' to Proposed Standard

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 06:34:12 +0300

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Cryptographically Generated Addresses (CGA) '
    <draft-ietf-send-cga-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Securing Neighbor Discovery
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary

    This document describes a method for binding a public signature key
    to an IPv6 address in the Secure Neighbor Discovery (SEND) protocol.
    Cryptographically Generated Addresses (CGA) are IPv6 addresses where
    the interface identifier is generated by computing a cryptographic
    one-way hash function from a public key and auxiliary parameters. The
    binding between the public key and the address can be verified by
    re-computing the hash value and by comparing the hash with the
    interface identifier. Messages sent from an IPv6 address can be
    protected by attaching the public key and auxiliary parameters and by
    signing the message with the corresponding private key. The
    protection works without a certification authority or other security
    infrastructure.

Working Group Summary

This document is the work output of the SEND WG.  It reflects
updates to address last call review comments from Pekka Savola.

Protocol Quality

This document was reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, send email with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
body to <[email-masked]>.
Archive: http://standards.ericsson.net/lists/ietf-send/maillist.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------