Subject: RE: CGA issues

From: "Soliman Hesham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 03:10:04 -0400

> Yes -- sorry for confusing.
 > 
 > As Jari said, you can prove that both addresses came from the same
 > public key; you still cannot trust the public key because you don't
 > know who it belongs to. (I.e., this only solves address 
 > ownership when
 > you want to prove that the addresses were generated by the same node,
 > but nothing more.)

=> Right and I believe that's all we need for the multi6 part.
We only trust the public key for this purpose.

 > 
 > But in verification of this kind of "my address changed changed, I'm
 > now reachable at [here]" -messages this is sufficient as you don't
 > even want to authenticate or identify the user, just to be sure it's
 > the addresses belong to the same guy.

=> Correct.

Hesham

 > 
 > -- 
 > Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
 > Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
 > Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings
 > 
 > 

========================================================
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
use of the intended recipient.  Any review or distribution by others is 
strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
========================================================

--------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, send email with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
body to <[email-masked]>.
Archive: http://standards.ericsson.net/lists/ietf-send/maillist.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------