Subject: Securing Proxy Neighbour Discovery Problem Statement

From: Greg Daley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:16:44 +1000

Hi,

I've just submitted a short (10 pages with 3667/8 boilerplate!)
draft on securing proxy Neighbour Discovery.

Here is a description:

"Securing Proxy Neighbour Discovery Problem Statement"

Abstract:

  Proxy Neighbour Discovery is used to provide an address presence on a
  link from hosts which are absent.  It allows a host to receive
  packets directed at its address by allowing another device to
  neighbour advertise on its behalf.

  Proxy Neighbour Discovery is used in Mobile IPv6 and related
  protocols to provide reachability from hosts on the home network when
  a Mobile Node is not at home, by allowing the Home Agent to act as
  proxy.

  Proxy Neighbour Discovery currently cannot be secured using SEND.
  SEND assumes that a node advertising an address is the address owner
  and in possession of appropriate public and private keys for that
  node.  This document describes how existing practice for proxy
  Neighbour Discovery relates to Secured Neighbour Discovery.

This draft should appear in the repository shortly,
but in the mean time is available at the URL:

http://www.ctie.monash.edu.au/ipv6/draft-daley-send-spnd-prob-00.txt

(Another message will announce this on irtf-mobopts
apologies if you recieve this twice).

Greg

--------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, send email with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
body to <[email-masked]>.
Archive: http://standards.ericsson.net/lists/ietf-send/maillist.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------