Subject: [sfc] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-haeffner-sfc-use-case-mobility-00.txt

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 15:45:39 +0100

Hi all,

I wanted to raise your attention to the below quoted draft, as it wasn't 
posted to the SFC list.

The draft outlines very well the use cases in mobile networks.

Thanks,

   Martin

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-haeffner-sfc-use-case-mobility-00.txt
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 14:26:15 -0800
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

         Title           : Service Function Chaining Use Cases in Mobile 
Networks
         Authors         : Walter Haeffner
                           Jeffrey Napper
	Filename        : draft-haeffner-sfc-use-case-mobility-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2014-01-28

Abstract:
    This document provides some exemplary use cases for service function
    chaining in mobile service provider networks.  The objective of this
    draft is not to cover all conceivable service chains in detail.
    Rather, the intention is to localize and explain the application
    domain of service chaining within mobile networks as far as it is
    required to complement the problem statement and framework statements
    of the working group.

    Service function chains typically reside in a LAN segment which links
    the mobile access network to the actual application platforms located
    in the carrier's datacenters or somewhere else in the Internet.
    Service function chains ensure a fair distribution of network
    resources according to agreed service policies, enhance the
    performance of service delivery, take care of security and privacy or
    support application and business support platforms.  General
    considerations and specific use cases are presented in this document
    to demonstrate the different technical requirements of these goals
    for service function chaining in mobile service provider networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-haeffner-sfc-use-case-mobility/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-haeffner-sfc-use-case-mobility-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt