Subject: [sfc] [Errata Rejected] RFC7665 (4974)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 07:16:19 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been rejected for RFC7665,
"Service Function Chaining (SFC) Architecture".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=7665&eid=4974

--------------------------------------
Status: Rejected
Type: Technical

Reported by: Phaneendra Manda <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2017-03-21
Rejected by: Alia Atlas (IESG)

Section: 1.4

Original Text
-------------
One or more service functions can be involved in the delivery of
added-value services.  A non-exhaustive list of abstract service
functions includes: firewalls, WAN and application acceleration,
Deep Packet Inspection (DPI), Lawful Intercept (LI), server load
balancing, NAT44 [RFC3022], NAT64 [RFC6146], NPTv6 [RFC6296],
HOST_ID injection, HTTP Header Enrichment functions, and TCP
optimizer.

Corrected Text
--------------
One or more service functions can be involved in the delivery of
added-value services.  A non-exhaustive list of abstract service
functions includes: firewalls, WAN and application acceleration,
Deep Packet Inspection (DPI), Lawful Intercept (LI), server load
balancing, NAT44 [RFC3022], NAT64 [RFC6146], NPTv6 [RFC6296],
HOST_ID injection, HTTP Header Enrichment functions, TCP
optimizer, Parental control etc.

Notes
-----
Parental control can be added in the non-exhaustive list of abstract service functions. Also this list cannot be fixed, so etc an be added at the end of the list.
 --VERIFIER NOTES-- 
   The list specifically says that it is non-exhaustive.  Adding more examples and an etc is not needed.

--------------------------------------
RFC7665 (draft-ietf-sfc-architecture-11)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Service Function Chaining (SFC) Architecture
Publication Date    : October 2015
Author(s)           : J. Halpern, Ed., C. Pignataro, Ed.
Category            : INFORMATIONAL
Source              : Service Function Chaining
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG