Subject: [sfc] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sfc-aggregation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 07:34:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Service Function Chaining WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A Service Chain Aggregation Architecture
        Authors         : Huan Yan
                          Yong Li
                          Haiyang Sun
                          Chunshan Xiong
                          Depeng Jin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sfc-aggregation-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2017-07-27

Abstract:
Service chains specifying the ordered sequences of network functions according to network policies requested, play a very important role in improving network performance in most networks. With the introduction of Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) technologies, service chains can be immediately deployed in more effective ways. Since different customers or operators would request multiple service chains in the same network but different administrative domains, and the multiple service chains may apply to the same network connection, we propose a service chain aggregation architecture that has ability to effectively aggregate them before the deployment. In this architecture, we determine the aggregating order of service chains according to different conditions verifying the aggregation effectiveness. The benefits of our architecture are 1) security, 2) network resource (e.g., flow entries in switches) savings and 3) scalability.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-aggregation/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sfc-aggregation-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-sfc-aggregation-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/