Subject: [sfc] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-wang-sfc-multi-layer-oam-10.txt

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 09:02:36 -0700

Dear All,
the new version of the draft includes the following changes:

   - clarify the scope being set on active OAM in SFC;
   - define encapsulation of active OAM into NSH;
   - add SFC echo request/reply control message;
   - define use of SFC echo request/reply without IP/UDP encapsulation.

Appreciate your comments, questions.

Regards,
Greg

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 8:56 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-wang-sfc-multi-layer-oam-10.txt
To: Bhumip Khasnabish <[email-masked]>, Gregory Mirsky <
[email-masked]>, Wei Meng <[email-masked]>, "Cui(Linda) Wang" <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-wang-sfc-multi-layer-oam-10.txt
has been successfully submitted by Greg Mirsky and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-wang-sfc-multi-layer-oam
Revision:       10
Title:          Multi-Layer Active OAM for Service Function Chains in
Networks
Document date:  2017-09-21
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          16
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wang-sfc-multi-
layer-oam-10.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-sfc-multi-
layer-oam/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-sfc-multi-layer-
oam-10
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wang-sfc-multi-
layer-oam-10
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wang-sfc-multi-
layer-oam-10

Abstract:
   A multi-layer approach to the task of Operation, Administration and
   Maintenance (OAM) of Service Function Chains (SFCs) in networks is
   presented.  Based on the requirements towards active OAM for SFC, a
   multi-layer model is introduced.  A mechanism to detect and localize
   defects using the multi-layer model is also described.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat