Subject: [sfc] I-D Action: draft-farrel-sfc-convent-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 06:45:56 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Service Function Chaining WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Operating the Network Service Header (NSH) with Next Protocol "None"
        Authors         : Adrian Farrel
                          John Drake
	Filename        : draft-farrel-sfc-convent-05.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2017-12-29

Abstract:
   This document describes the use of the Network Service Header (NSH)
   in a Service Function Chaining (SFC) enabled network with no payload
   data and carrying only metadata.  This is achieved by defining a new
   NSH "Next Protocol" type value of "None".

   This document illustrates some of the functions that may be achieved
   or enhanced by this mechanism, but it does not provide an exhaustive
   list of use cases, nor is it intended to be definitive about the
   functions it describes.  It is expected that other documents will
   describe specific use cases in more detail and will define the
   protocol mechanics for each use case.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farrel-sfc-convent/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-farrel-sfc-convent-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-farrel-sfc-convent-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-farrel-sfc-convent-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/