Subject: [Sframe] Erik Kline's No Objection on charter-ietf-sframe-00-00: (with COMMENT)

From: Erik Kline via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2020 14:17:58 -0700

Erik Kline has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-sframe-00-00: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-sframe/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

[[ comments/questions ]]

* Agree with "Information to form a unique nonce within the scope of the key"
  seeming a bit underdefined at the moment.

* If conferencing migrates to carriage over QUIC, would that have any
  impact on/overlap with this work?

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 09:41:17 -0400

Hi Erik: To you question about QUIC -- No impact.  QUIC would provide the
outer, "hop by hop" layer of protection, as SRTP would today.  SFrame would
still be needed for the E2E layer.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 5:18 PM Erik Kline via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> --
> Sframe mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sframe
>